Whether online or in person, our workshops are collaborative, and unlike any other you've taken before. We don't believe in the top down, writer guru method. We don't use the workshop rituals and traditions we've inherited. While our practices and methods are rooted in a distinct philosophy that Lidia Yuknavitch has spent a lifetime creating, it requires workshops to be a lateral, collaborative process that values participant collaboration just as much as the workshop leaders'. We aren't the 'masters.' We aren't the ones 'who know,' and are merely imparting our knowledge to you. We just have flashlights and graham crackers and know the secret passageways. We are good at leading people into new and unknown territories from which they can make art.
The Body of the Poem with Brigid Yuknavitch Portland 3/20/18 - 5/8/20
Writing & The Body, Portland, 3/23/18-3/25/18
Spring: Reinventing & Restorying with Lidia Yuknavitch Portland 3/30/18 - 4/1/18
Poetic Voice with Brigid Yuknavitch Portland 4/13/18
Memory Space with Janice Lee Portland Portland 5/5/18
1. GENERATIVE: Art as Life Practice with Prompts and Processes
- Seasonal Series: F2F, Full Weekend, Once a Season
- Occasional Series: Corporeal Writing in Partnership with Another Artist
- Metamorphoses Series: 3 Online, 6-week Workshops
2. SCREENWRITING: Writing the Body onto The Screen
3. REINVENTING REVISION: A radicalization of what we mean when we say “workshop.” Group Revision Work using Lidia's invented Corporeal Methodologies
- Online Revision: Month Long in Which We Collaboratively Workshop Your Piece or Chapter
- The Body Of The Book: A rigorous collaborative workshop for those who want to finish a book
4. POETICS: Poetics Are Where Language & The Body Meet: Get in Touch With Your Personal Poetics.