Whether online or in person, our workshops are collaborative, and unlike any other you've taken before. We don't believe in the top down, writer guru is God method. We don't use the workshop rituals and traditions we've inherited. While our practices and methods are rooted in a distinct philosophy that Lidia Yuknavitch has spent a lifetime creating, it requires workshops to be a lateral, collaborative process that values participant collaboration just as much as the workshop leaders'. We aren't the 'masters.' We aren't the ones 'who know,' and are merely imparting our knowledge to you. We just have flashlights and graham crackers and know the secret passageways. We are good at leading people into new and unknown territories from which they can make art.
1. GENERATIVE: Art as Life Practice with Prompts and Processes
- Seasonal Series: F2F, Full Weekend, Once a Season
- Occasional Series: Corporeal Writing in Partnership with Another Artist
- Metamorphoses Series: 3 Online, 6-week Workshops
2. REINVENTING REVISION: A radicalization of what we mean when we say “workshop.” Group Revision Work using Lidia's invented Corporeal Methodologies
- Revision Retreats: F2F Weekend in Which we Collaboratively Workshop Your Piece or Chapter
- Online Revision: Month Long in Which We Collaboratively Workshop Your Piece or Chapter-New!
3. POETICS: Poetics Are Where Language & The Body Meet: Get in Touch With Your Personal Poetics.
- Experiments in Body Poetics: 4 Online, 6-Week Workshops
- F2F Weekends: Experiments in Body Poetics: New!
4. PRODUCTIVE UNDOING: Reading & Virtual Discussions Ahead of Time, A Weekend of Discussion & Prompts
- Politics & Resistance Writing: A Productive Undoing: F2F, Full Weekend, New!
Fall Online Workshops:
Reinventing Revision: 9/4/17
Body Poetics: Out of Silence: 10/9/17
Fall Face2Face Workshops:
Politics & Resistance Writing, Seattle, 9/22-24
Fall 1, PDX, 9/29-10/1/2017
The Corporeality of Poetic Language: 10/13/17-10/15/17
Fall 2, PDX, 11/3-5/2017
Lidia & Zinn Collaborating at a Fancy Summer Camp:
Lidia and Zinn will be leading a workshop in the Redwoods, outside of Santa Cruz, August 18-20, 2017. For info and registration visit 1440 Multiversity, Making Art a Life Practice:
"At its core, the process of making art is a life practice. It’s not about crafting the perfect sentence, attracting an audience, or even getting published. It’s about digging deeper, finding truer truths, and staying alive. Reimagining. Remaking. Reinventing."