Whether online or in person, our workshops are collaborative, and unlike any other you've taken before. We don't believe in the top down, writer guru method. We don't use the workshop rituals and traditions we've inherited. While our practices and methods are rooted in a distinct philosophy that Lidia Yuknavitch has spent a lifetime creating, it requires workshops to be a lateral, collaborative process that values participant collaboration just as much as the workshop leaders'. We aren't the 'masters.' We aren't the ones 'who know,' and are merely imparting our knowledge to you. We just have flashlights and graham crackers and know the secret passageways. We are good at leading people into new and unknown territories from which they can make art.
1. GENERATIVE: Art as Life Practice with Prompts and Processes
- Seasonal Series: F2F, Full Weekend
- Hybridity Series: F2F, Full Weekend
- Metamorphoses Series: 2 Online, 6-week Workshops
2. SCREENWRITING: Writing the Body onto The Screen
3. REINVENTING REVISION: A radicalization of what we mean when we say “workshop.” Group Revision Work using Lidia's invented Corporeal Methodologies
- Online Revision: Month Long in Which We Collaboratively Workshop Your Piece or Chapter
- The Body Of The Book: A rigorous collaborative workshop for those who want to finish a book
4. POETICS: Poetics Are Where Language & The Body Meet: Get in Touch With Your Personal Poetics.
- Online: Six, 6-Week Workshops in Experiments in Body Poetics
- F2F Weekends: Weekend Intensives of Experiments in Body Poetics
5. Varieties of Creative Vision: Writing includes things like painting, reading, making palimpsests, working with horses, doing yoga, and much more. Sometimes we offer workshops that don't quite fit the mold, sometimes we team up with visiting artists, sometimes we get together and view films like writers and eat popcorn and chocolate and drink wine. Online and F2F, all of those can be found HERE.