Whether online or in person, our workshops are collaborative, and unlike any other you've taken before. We don't believe in the top down, writer guru is God method. We don't use the workshop rituals and traditions we've inherited. While our practices and methods are rooted in a distinct philosophy that Lidia Yuknavitch has spent a lifetime creating, it requires workshops to be a lateral, collaborative process that values participant collaboration just as much as the workshop leaders'. We aren't the 'masters.' We aren't the ones 'who know,' and are merely imparting our knowledge to you. We just have flashlights and graham crackers and know the secret passageways. We are good at leading people into new and unknown territories from which they can make art.
1. GENERATIVE: Art as Life Practice with Prompts and Processes
- Seasonal Series: F2F, Full Weekend, Once a Season
- Occasional Series: Corporeal Writing in Partnership with Another Artist
- Metamorphoses Series: 3 Online, 6-week Workshops
2. SCREENWRITING: Writing the Body onto The Screen
3. REINVENTING REVISION: A radicalization of what we mean when we say “workshop.” Group Revision Work using Lidia's invented Corporeal Methodologies
- Online Revision: Month Long in Which We Collaboratively Workshop Your Piece or Chapter
- The Body Of The Book: A rigorous collaborative workshop for those who want to finish a book
4. POETICS: Poetics Are Where Language & The Body Meet: Get in Touch With Your Personal Poetics.
- Experiments in Body Poetics: 4 Online, 6-Week Workshops
- F2F Weekends: Experiments in Body Poetics: New!
5. PRODUCTIVE UNDOING: Reading & Virtual Discussions Ahead of Time, A Weekend of Discussion & Prompts
- Politics & Resistance Writing: A Productive Undoing: F2F, Full Weekend
Reinventing Revision, 9/4/17
Politics & Resistance Writing, Seattle, 9/22-24
Corporeal Screenwriting: The Heart Of Writing For The Screen, 9/27/17 - 11/1/17
Fall 1, Portland, 9/29-10/1/2017
The Corporeality of Poetic Language, Portland, 10/13/17-10/15/17
Fall 2, Portland, 11/3-5/2017
Winter 1, Portland, 11/3-5/2017
Winter 2, Portland, 2/2-4/2018
Writing & The Body, Portland, 3/23/18-3/25/18